Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

2016 - Welcome to the Year of the Monkey.

Here in lies today is the start of Year of the Red Monkey - Happy New Years to all my friends in Asia, here and across the World!!


The Monkey is known for being playful and quick witted, so with that in mind, I think it's going to be a fun year -regardless of it being thought of as one of the unluckiest for some - that does not mean us all!
There'll be a big celebration in Central London (usually Soho) this Sunday 14th Feb, which is the biggest outside of China, parade starts at 10am.

So it's already been a busy start to the year, what with Birthdays, a fab surprise weekend in Liverpool and some live band fun at Mardi Gras 7 Suns and BYOB were particular highlights @ Pop, Brixton.

I've noticed a lot of bars are now encompassing Sports, which I've been invited to, those being Plonk & Bar Kick in Hoxton and Bounce in Farringdon. 
I can highly recommend Plonk and Bar Kick for a get together, but I'm not yet sold on Bounce yet as it's more of a club vibe and I think a dance floor should be used for dancing, unless the DJ's aren't any good so they need to fill it for that purpose...

Anyho, back to the year ahead and it's already a goodie...

The end of this month will find me somewhere rather spiritual, but I'll report on that when I get there, as it's a surprise!!


Next month we find one of my favs it's it's my Earth day month, Easter and the official start of Spring and that means warmer weather - WHOOO HOOOO!!


I'm super excited that one of my funnest musical nights in the calendar just so happens to be on and will definitely be dancing my toes off at Deep Into Soul 5th Birthday Bash -Prince of Wales, Brixton, London- with the rest of my beautiful Birthday crew. 
Those tickets are nearly gone hardly surprising with a line-up like that?!?
I've included the link for them above, be fast and good luck with getting those and don't say I haven't warned you!!


Easter will see Black Coffee at the Electric Ballroom on a quest with his "We Dance Again", which I reckon will also be one for the memory bank!



There are quite a few bits in between and some great interviews coming up, but I'll instagram those along the way...

Hope to be seeing some of your exquisite dancing souls while out and about and here's to a Monkey Magic Year! ;)



Sunshine Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment